My day job is Head and Deputy Managing-Director of the UK subsidiary of top global multi-national tech manufacturer Brother responsible for around 180 staff.
- Public Speaking
- Innovation and Creativity.
- Business generally.
- Social Media.
- Social Megatrends.
Awards (Lucky Me)
- I’ve been voted as one of the Top Marketeers in the NW of England (2008/9/10).
- I appeared in Crains Top 40 businesspeople under 40 (2008).
- I appeared in Insider Magazines Top 42 businesspeople under 42 (2008).
- I have been a finalist in the Institute of Directors NW Young Director of the Year award (2007/08).
- I received the OPI Magazine European Young Professional of the Year award in 2008.
- I was runner up to the Editor of The Guardian in the most influential B2B Twitter user at the Goldentwit awards.
- Institute of Directors – Manchester Director of the Year 2010/11.
- Institute of Directors - North West Director of the Year 2010/11.
- Institute of Directors – UK Director of the Year Finalist 2010/11
- I write a blog about road cycling which you can see here - www.race-pace.net (regularly updated).
Some of my Favourite Films/TV Series
- The Flying Scotsman.
- Lord of the Rings.
- Kill Bill.
- Pulp Fiction.
- The Deer Hunter.
- The Matrix Trilogy.
- The Godfather.
- Prison Break.
- The Sopranos.
- Northern Soul.
- Retro Soul.
- Modern Soul.
- 80′s Music.
- You can listen to my favourite soul classics here.
- The Flying Scotsman – Graeme Obree
- Meatball Sundae – Seth Godin.
- The Human Element – Will Schutz (One of the best self-awareness books ever written).
- Good to Great – Jim Collins.
- Boy Racer – Mark Cavendish
Interests outside of work
- I’m a keen road cyclist and author of leading road cycling blog www.race-pace.net I ride with http://www.northcheshireclarion.co.uk
- I’m an avid reader, particularly of biographies and self-awareness books.
- Love writing.
- Soul Music, particulary Northern Soul and retro Soul. Have over 10,000 tunes on my i-Pod which travels everywhere with me.