As 2011 draws to a close, I’d like to ask a few questions of you. They’re not hard, well they shouldn’t be. Just a few straightforward questions to get you thinking about quality and quantity of the time you spend.
We’ve got plenty of time haven’t we? Or have we? Average life expectancy in the UK is 82. Remember that averages are an average of everything though. For example, 1 in 100 people never see their 20th birthday, 1 in 20 people live to be over 95. Somewhere amongst all of that data is you and I.
Life is short, when you turn 40, you’ll wonder where all the time went! I’m talking from experience, a young head on maturing shoulders is how it feels. Consider these 10 questions when you get a moment to yourself: -
- How have you stretched yourself physically, mentally and spiritually this year? The body needs nourishment of all three.
- What has been your greatest achievement and why did it mean so much to you? Replicate that feeling.
- Who have you unconditionally helped? Fantastic nourishment for the soul.
- What one thing holds you back from achieving greatness? Change it.
- How much of your time have you spent reacting to things rather than creating things? In today’s busy times, too much time is spent reacting to things.
- Have you any regrets about how you spent your time thus far? How can you change that?
- Are the people that you surround yourself with the type of people that you view as quality? Quality breeds quality. Surround yourself with people that will programme you to excellence.
- Are there any changes that you feel you want to make to your life? Home or work? Do something!
- Who do you admire most? What qualities do they have, which you would like to emulate? You can start right now.
- What is your legacy? Do you know? Most people say “make a difference” – so why don’t you!
Point is this. Treat every second, every minute, every hour, every day as an opportunity to create – do something. Not based upon what you have achieved in the past, but what you want to create in the future. Set yourself up, mind, body and soul to achieve them. Be unconditional in your support for others, give generously and you will navigate more closely towards them.
Wishing you a prosperous future. You don’t need a New Year to start creating, you can start right now. On any defined second, of any day, of any year – point is – do it now!