I’m an accomplished public speaker and am regularly asked to appear at industry gatherings and business conferences to share my view of the world, I like to think that I bring great thinking, combined with some good humour and personality with practical, implementable advice (see below for audience feedback). If you’d like to discuss a speaking event or opportunity, please get in touch at email@example.com and I’ll be in touch. You can find a selection of over 40 speaking events that I have been involved with at the bottom of the page which include: -
- Hosting the Shared Services Forum UK annual conference.
- Co-Host of the North of England Excellence awards with BBC Business Presenter – Stephanie McGovern.
- Academy for Chief Executives annual conferences (keynote speaker).
- Creative Lancashire Annual Conference (keynote speaker).
Below is a list of events where I will be appearing/speaking in 2014. This is always changing, so please track back to this page. Previous events where I’ve spoken can be found by scrolling down to the bottom of the page.
- Thursday 16th January – BOSS Federation, London. Keynote outlining industry headwinds, within the context of technology and trend landscape of the next 20 years.
- Tuesday 4th Mark – London. Launch of a book on Leadership, delivering a talk about the subject.
- Thursday 20th March. Talk of Manchester Annual awards for ‘Grafters’ – Keynote speech.
- Wed 26th March – Junior Chamber of Commerce. Talk entitled “Being the CEO of you.”
- Thursday 27th March – Federation of Small Businesses National Conference. Talk entitled “Growing Pains – What small companies can learn from big companies.”
- Tuesday 1st April – Overbury Interiors. Panelist discussing SME usage around technology with stakeholders from government and the private sector.
- Tuesday 8th April – Westminster eForum. Talk on Importance of Technology to Fast Growth SME’s
- Tuesday 29th April – BOSS Conference. Talk entitled “Selling to the C suite.”
- Thursday 1st May. K Club entrepreneurs club. “Growing Pains – What small companies can learn from big companies.”
- Thursday 16th October. Successful Selling Expo 2014 conference – “Selling to the C suite.”
Audience Feedback (A Selection)
Hull Business Week – Selection of Feedback recieved via Twitter
- Fantastic #bizweek2013 presentation as usual from @PhilJones40. Need to convince him to return next year though.
- Great to meet @PhilJones40 today and experience his life changing UP presentation. Thanks again Phil and all who organised this. #bizweek
- Morning well spent listening to the informative and inspirational @PhilJones40 as part of @BizWeekHumber. A great event. #up
- Well what an amazing and inspirational talk from @PhilJones40 as part of the #BizWeek2013 brilliant!
- Really enjoyed megatrends3.0 with @PhilJones40 – definitely gave me some food for thought!
- One of the best professional development sessions I have ever attended. #leadership #learning @BizWeekHumber #bizweek
Phil spoke at our recent ‘The Business’ Lunch. His talk “Being the best possible version of you” was thought-provoking but delivered in a humorous and enjoyable way. Using real life examples, Phil conveyed a real insight into some of the practical challenges we face in business today. I would have no hesitation in recommending him as a speaker or, someone who is extremely professional and a pleasure to work with. Paul Ashbury – The Business Lunch. Director – Focus On Networking Ltd
“Phil spoke about Marginal Gains at our January 2013 Kick Off Event, using the British Cycling Team’s fantastic achievements to demonstrate how focusing on making small marginal improvements in everything you do can soon add up to significant gains in personal performance. The audience were captivated, and several of my colleagues told me afterwards how inspired they were by the presentation. I am convinced that a good number of my team will take the message to heart and implement the recommendations. I have seen Phil present a number of times, and he is a truly great public speaker, never failing to engage and stimulate his audience with a winning combination of good humour and thoughtful insight. ” Robert Baldrey – Group CEO, Vasanta (Jan 2013)
“Phil opened up our Northern conference and spoke to CEOs and MDs from across the North West and Yorkshire regions. He is a real force of energy with a no-nonsense approach that went down very well with all attendees. You cannot fail to come away from his session with some real business improvement lessons and techniques. Phil is knowledgeable and highly engaging and self engaged at the highest level. As a practicing business leader his session has high credibility.” /Peter Hills, Academy Group 18 Chairman, Academy for Chief Executives.
“First rate leadership presentation from @PhilJones40 at Academy for Chief Executives Northern Conference yesterday. Thanks from 75 leaders!” /via Twitter @alandean – Academy for Chief Executives keynote
“Awesome guest speaker at the Academy yesterday @PhilJones40. Never made as many notes in 1 1/2 hours since I was at school.” /via Twitter @gary_sheader - Academy for Chief Executives keynote
“Loved @PhilJones40 #megatrends presentation this morning “There are no speed limits on the road to excellence!” Brilliant! #bizweek” /via Twitter @hullesteemlep – Hull Business Week Megatrends 2.0 keynote
“…I am writing to thank you personally for your tremendous contribution to what became a memorable and successful conference at Rudding Park. You brought professionalism, authenticity, wisdom and fun to make it a great conference. Thanks a million.” / John McLafferty, Head of Professional Development- Rolls-Royce and Chair, Shared Services Forum UK. Shared Services Forum UK Annual Conference.”…
Your workshops were extremely informative, entertaining and full of helpful hints.” - Audience Member – M Factor
“…I attended both sessions of your “Social Media” presentations at the M Factor on Thursday 12th November – absolutely great! Inspiring!…” – Audience Member – M Factor
You were dynamite this evening @TiE event: #Opportunities are never lost,someone will always take the ones you miss…so true! /via Twitter @impy73 TiE NW Entrepreneurs Evening
“…I especially want to mention the incredible effort Phil that you had obviously put into your presentation. The feedback that I have personally heard on this has been outstanding and it was great to hear it referenced throughout the day…” – Mike Perls, CEO of MC2 (RAW 2010).
“…You gave the best presentation I have seen all year , and one of the top 10 of all time . It was good to see the fundamentals of content and entertainment both being there ….Former CEO of Major European Multi-National Wholesaler – Spicers.
“….I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you for your inspirational session yesterday. I have never been in a situation before that EVERYONE in the room felt the same way about a speaker and session, I had numerous people come up to me at the end to talk specifically about your session and just how much they enjoyed it, they all know that they can take away something tangible and start implementing it in their day to day lives immediately. I personally haven’t learnt that much in ages so it was a real eye opener for me….” – Luke Chapman, MD – Business Performance Group (March 2010).
“…I just wanted to say how much I appreciated your input in to the Death of Distance debate – I can honestly say that it wouldn’t have been half the event it was without your help. The amount of preparation and research you put in beforehand really paid off and you managed to keep the conversations flowing and get the most from all the speakers whilst having to get to grips with all the technology – a truly remarkable feat!…Great to work with you and very much hope we can work together again..” – Dom Raban, Managing Director, Corporation Pop (Death of Distance Debate).
“@PhilJones40 thanks for your talk today Phil. Inspirational! Clients loved you” – Ian Harper – Managing Director, Harper Office Supplies. (IoD customer event).
“I just wanted to drop you a personal note to thank you for your time, energy and enthusiasm yesterday morning. I was delighted with how the seminar went: the audience were very engaged and the topic really struck a chord. Your presentation was exactly what I was looking for in terms of both content and delivery and we have had nothing but positive remarks and feedback since…” – Will Smith, Partner (Audit), Deloitte Consulting
Enjoyed your talk immensley! /via Twitter @garryknox – How-Do Branding on Demand Event
Top presentation. Delivered with real substance- refreshing change to trendy buzz words you usually hear/via Twitter @ShootCutGo How-Do Branding on Demand Event
Thank you to @howdomedia for a very interesting conference on branding yesterday with a great presentation from Phil Jones /via Twitter @Val_at_Whale How-Do Branding on Demand Event
Enjoyed listening to @PhilJones40 at @tieuknorth event tonight. Practical tips for leadership delivered with such clarity. /via Twitter @alchemy_agency TiE NW Entrepreneurs Evening
- Friday 18th Jan -Business Plus Networking- Manchester. Presenting a 30 minute talk on a mindset of ”Unlimited Potential – UP!”
- Saturday 26th Jan- Vasanta National Sales Conference – Nottingham. Keynote to 350 audience on implementing “Marginal Gains” in your business life.
- Tuesday 23rd April – ‘The Business Lunch’. Talk on ‘Unlimited Potential’.
- Weds May 13th – Academy for Chief Executives, London Conference. Keynote to business leaders on ‘How to do things differently.’
- Weds 5th June – Hull BizWeek. Back for a third year by popular demand. Keynote on ‘Unlimited Potential’
- Weds 10th July – Creative Lancashire Annual Conference ‘BIG’, Keynote on Innovation.
- Wednesday 16th Oct. Business Accelerator Conference, London. Keynote for business development executives entitled “Think Like a CEO.”
- Thursday 14th November – The Halle Young Professionals Network. Keynote on ‘Unlimited Potential’
- February 21st -TiE NW Entrepreneurs Evening - Manchester. Presenting Ten Top Leadership Takeaways – see the slideshare here.
- Thursday 26th April – Talk of Manchester Conference - Manchester. Appearing on one of the panel debates.
- Friday 27th April – Warrington Business Expo. Keynote around trends, leadership and innovation.
- Wednesday 16th May – BOSS Manufacturers Forum. Talk on how leaders can use Social Media.
- Tuesday 12th June – Academy for Chief Executives. Talk entitled “Getanology” outlining leadership lessons.
- Wednesday 13th June – Hull Business Week. Keynote entitled- “Megatrends 2.0″. Spoke here last year and been asked back.
- Tuesday 2nd October – CIO Connect 2012 Conference “Embracing the Unexpected”. Keynote about staying close to customers.
- Saturday 6th October – Office Friendly Annual Conference. Keynote on “10 takeaways to see if you are stationary?” Appearing with Steve Backley MBE.
- Thursday 1st November – Business Expo Cheshire. Keynote entitled “Growing for Gold” to a large audience of SME’s. Appearing with former dragon – Richard Farleigh.
- Tuesday 13th November – Buzz Tuesday. Talk on “being your best” detailing how to live a happier and more fulfilling life whilst achieving your goals. Event information here.
- March 2nd – How Do Brand on Demand Conference – Manchester. Discussing latest digitial trends and their impact on brands. Details here.
- April 7th - Emerce B2B Online Event, Holland. Keynote on Social Media from a B2B perspective.
- May 4th- Business North West, Manchester. Keynote on Leadership.
- May 12th - OPI Magazines European CEO’s Forum – Berlin. Keynote briefing on latest global megatrends for industry leaders. Details here (invitation only).
- May 20th – Tameside Business Awards. After dinner motivational speaker.
- June 8th – Hull Business Week. Keynote on Future Working Trends.
- June 27th – Manchester Many Hands Appeal. Benefits of running a sustainable organisation.
- Sept 6th – Insider Magazine Leadership event. One of three panel members discussing leadership.
- Oct 4th - Insider Magazine Business of Technology event. One of three panel members discussing computing trends.
- Oct 27th – Shared Services Forum UK Annual Conference. Conference host.
- Dec 15th - Business Network Chester event. Keynote around trends, leadership and innovation (feedback below).
Below is a list of events where I have appeared in 2010.
- Tuesday 27th April 2010. Death of Distance debate, Manchester. Chairing a really interesting mixed reality debate. Details here.
- Wednesday 28th April 2010 – SaS conference, Manchester. Corporate Marketing & Social Media Panellist. Details here.
- Thursday 6th May 2010 – Delivering a full day course on Social media for business.
- Wednesday 25th August – Association of Business to Business Agencies, London. More about Abba here.
- Thursday 9th September – Keynote Megatrends presentation for leading office supplies company. IoD, London.
- Thursday 16th September – Drivas Jonas Deloitte conference on Sustainability for Business. Manchester.
- Tuesday 21st September – Shared Services Forum annual conference. More about the Shared Services Forum here.
- Thursday 25th November – Go Social Bootcamp. Experiences of being a business leader on social media. Manchester.