I’m an accomplished public speaker with over 80 appearances and am regularly asked to appear at industry gatherings and business conferences to share my view of the world, I like to think that I bring great thinking, combined with some good humour and personality with practical, implementable advice (see below for audience feedback).
If you’d like to discuss a speaking event or opportunity, please get in touch at email@example.com and I’ll be in touch.
You can find a selection of over 80 speaking events that I have been involved with below which include: –
- Institute of Directors North West Conference (keynote).
- Institute of Sales and Marketing Management National Conference (Keynote).
- Co-Host of the North of England Excellence awards with BBC Business Presenter – Stephanie McGovern.
- Academy for Chief Executives annual conferences (keynote speaker).
- Hosting the Shared Services Forum UK annual conference (MC and Presenter).
- Creative Lancashire Annual Conference (keynote speaker).
- Hosting the inaugural Professional Sales Awards in London (MC and Presenter).
Below is a list of events where I will be appearing/speaking in 2017. This is always changing, so please track back to this page. Previous events where I’ve spoken can be found by scrolling down to the bottom of the page.
- Thursday 26th Jan – Sales conference. After dinner speech at a sales conference to 100 following an awards dinner.
- Friday 24th March – BOSS Federation. Young Managers Conference. Keynote – ‘Winning Patterns for Success.’
- Thursday 6th April – TiE North. Roundtable on Healthy Leaders.
- Tuesday 16th May 2017 – Thomson Reuters. Entrepreneurial Law Conference. ‘How to Build a High Performing Workplace Culture.’
- Wednesday 17th May 2017 – Professional Sales Awards. Full MC and hosting duties for inaugural event at the Grand Connaught Rooms, London.
- Thursday 15th June 2017 – OPI CEO Conference, Berlin. Keynote – ‘How to Build a High Performing Workplace Culture.’
- Tuesday 20th June 2017 – Oakridge Consulting. Keynote – ‘Correlative Leadership.’
- Wednesday 10th Feb – STEAM conference. Talk about Future Talent in Science, Technology, Education, Arts and Math. Hull. Details here.
- Thursday 25th Feb – Kay Johnson Gee event. Keynote around living a life of ‘Unlimited Potential.’ Manchester.
- Thursday 20th April – Work in Progress Conference. Talk on talent and apprenticeships. Manchester. Details here.
- Friday 22nd April – Institute of Directors North West ‘Women as Leaders’ conference. Panellist. Details here.
- Thursday 14th July – Prezi event. Talk on ‘Selling to Senior Executives’. London.
- Weds 14th September – B2B Magazine CMO Conference. Talk on ‘Selling to Senior Executives.’ London.
- Thursday 13th October – Compering Shared Services Annual Conference (500 people). London.
- Wednesday 19th October – Rochdale Business Breakfast. ‘The Importance of Health and Wellbeing in Business and Leadership’.
- Thursday 20th October – Trans2performance conference. ‘The Winning Pattern of Successful People’. Hull.
- Thursday 24th November – Great British Expo. ‘Successfully Selling to Senior Executives’. Manchester
Other conferences can be seen by scrolling further down the page……
Audience Feedback (A Selection)
“Massive thank you Phil for your fantastic contribution as host for the launch of the Professional Sales Awards. Your energy and enthusiasm mixed with professionalism (and humour at times) was perfect for the occasion and I am not sure how we are going to improve for next year. Jennie Harnaman, Association of Professional Sales.
“….As you can see your session received phenomenal feedback, so thank you for making the session so interesting and relevant to the audience….” Debbie Berkovitch, Senior Portfolio Manager. Thomson Reuters.
“Brilliant. Could have listened to him all day.” – Audience member. Thomson Reuters, Entrepreneurial Law Conference.
On behalf of the BOSS Board and Young mangers in the Industry I would like to thanks you for an inspiring and thought provoking presentation at the BOSS Young Managers conference. Your theme of “ How to think like a CEO” made the young managers sit up and think about both their personal and professional lives and prompted a number of positive remarks from the delegates. I believe your presentation will shape their future and benefit the Industry. Michael Gardner – Chief Executive. BOSS Federation.
“Phil gave an informative and thought-provoking talk at the K-Club Manchester event to a room packed with entrepreneurs and key decision makers from a variety of industries. In his talk ‘Growing Pains – What Small Businesses can learn from Big Businesses’, it was clear that efficiency, process and vision are the driving forces behind everything that Brother UK do, and the ideas shared by Phil were things that ANY business – whatever size – can consider, utilise and implement in order to grow successfully. We had lots of positive feedback at the event and Phil took the time to speak to delegates and answer questions.” Fred Stone, Keystone-gb.com,
“Phil spoke about Marginal Gains at our January 2013 Kick Off Event, using the British Cycling Team’s fantastic achievements to demonstrate how focusing on making small marginal improvements in everything you do can soon add up to significant gains in personal performance. The audience were captivated, and several of my colleagues told me afterwards how inspired they were by the presentation. I am convinced that a good number of my team will take the message to heart and implement the recommendations. I have seen Phil present a number of times, and he is a truly great public speaker, never failing to engage and stimulate his audience with a winning combination of good humour and thoughtful insight. ” Robert Baldrey – Group CEO, Vasanta
“Phil opened up our Northern conference and spoke to CEOs and MDs from across the North West and Yorkshire regions. He is a real force of energy with a no-nonsense approach that went down very well with all attendees. You cannot fail to come away from his session with some real business improvement lessons and techniques. Phil is knowledgeable and highly engaging and self engaged at the highest level. As a practicing business leader his session has high credibility.” /Peter Hills, Academy Group 18 Chairman, Academy for Chief Executives.
“Just wanted to say what a great speaker Phil was on Thursday….you certainly do engage some top quality businessmen to delight your audiences.” – Mike Smith, Private Client Director, Brown Shipley attending K-Club Manchester event.
“First rate leadership presentation from @PhilJones40 at Academy for Chief Executives Northern Conference yesterday. Thanks from 75 leaders!” /via Twitter @alandean – Academy for Chief Executives keynote
“Awesome guest speaker at the Academy yesterday @PhilJones40. Never made as many notes in 1 1/2 hours since I was at school.” /via Twitter @gary_sheader – Academy for Chief Executives keynote
“Loved @PhilJones40 #megatrends presentation this morning “There are no speed limits on the road to excellence!” Brilliant! #bizweek” /via Twitter @hullesteemlep – Hull Business Week Megatrends 2.0 keynote
“…I am writing to thank you personally for your tremendous contribution to what became a memorable and successful conference at Rudding Park. You brought professionalism, authenticity, wisdom and fun to make it a great conference. Thanks a million.” / John McLafferty, Head of Professional Development- Rolls-Royce and Chair, Shared Services Forum UK. Shared Services Forum UK Annual Conference.”…
Your workshops were extremely informative, entertaining and full of helpful hints.” – Audience Member – M Factor
“…I attended both sessions of your “Social Media” presentations at the M Factor – absolutely great! Inspiring!…” – Audience Member – M Factor
You were dynamite this evening @TiE event: #Opportunities are never lost,someone will always take the ones you miss…so true! /via Twitter @impy73 TiE NW Entrepreneurs Evening
“…I especially want to mention the incredible effort Phil that you had obviously put into your presentation. The feedback that I have personally heard on this has been outstanding and it was great to hear it referenced throughout the day…” – Mike Perls, CEO of MC2.
“…You gave the best presentation I have seen all year , and one of the top 10 of all time . It was good to see the fundamentals of content and entertainment both being there ….Former CEO of Major European Multi-National Wholesaler – Spicers.
“….I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you for your inspirational session yesterday. I have never been in a situation before that EVERYONE in the room felt the same way about a speaker and session, I had numerous people come up to me at the end to talk specifically about your session and just how much they enjoyed it, they all know that they can take away something tangible and start implementing it in their day to day lives immediately. I personally haven’t learnt that much in ages so it was a real eye opener for me….” – Luke Chapman, MD – Business Performance Group .
“…I just wanted to say how much I appreciated your input in to the Death of Distance debate – I can honestly say that it wouldn’t have been half the event it was without your help. The amount of preparation and research you put in beforehand really paid off and you managed to keep the conversations flowing and get the most from all the speakers whilst having to get to grips with all the technology – a truly remarkable feat!…Great to work with you and very much hope we can work together again..” – Dom Raban, Managing Director, Corporation Pop (Death of Distance Debate).
“@PhilJones40 thanks for your talk today Phil. Inspirational! Clients loved you” – Ian Harper – Managing Director, Harper Office Supplies. (IoD customer event).
“I just wanted to drop you a personal note to thank you for your time, energy and enthusiasm yesterday morning. I was delighted with how the seminar went: the audience were very engaged and the topic really struck a chord. Your presentation was exactly what I was looking for in terms of both content and delivery and we have had nothing but positive remarks and feedback since…” – Will Smith, Partner (Audit), Deloitte Consulting
Enjoyed your talk immensley! /via Twitter @garryknox – How-Do Branding on Demand Event
The way Phil Jones speaks is incredibly inspiring. Every time I see him he fires me up whilst ensuring I keep focused on my goals. Also, the fact that he gave me 5mins of his time after his presentation made all the difference to me. Thank you BOSS! Boss Young Managers Conference
“Phil Jones was amazing and incredibly inspiring ” Boss Young Managers Conference
Top presentation. Delivered with real substance- refreshing change to trendy buzz words you usually hear/via Twitter @ShootCutGo How-Do Branding on Demand Event
Thank you to @howdomedia for a very interesting conference on branding yesterday with a great presentation from Phil Jones /via Twitter @Val_at_Whale How-Do Branding on Demand Event
Enjoyed listening to @PhilJones40 at @tieuknorth event tonight. Practical tips for leadership delivered with such clarity. /via Twitter @alchemy_agency TiE NW Entrepreneurs Evening
Hull Business Week – Selection of Feedback received via Twitter
- Fantastic #bizweek2013 presentation as usual from @PhilJones40. Need to convince him to return next year though.
- Great to meet @PhilJones40 today and experience his life changing UP presentation. Thanks again Phil and all who organised this. #bizweek
- Morning well spent listening to the informative and inspirational @PhilJones40 as part of @BizWeekHumber. A great event. #up
- Well what an amazing and inspirational talk from @PhilJones40 as part of the #BizWeek2013 brilliant!
- One of the best professional development sessions I have ever attended. #leadership #learning @BizWeekHumber #bizweek
- Thursday 5th Feb – Knowledge Action Network conference at Manchester Metropolitan University. Talk about quality thinking. Details here.
- Wednesday 29th April. Launch of new Go Fusion Accelerator in the West Lakes.
- Tuesday 9th June – UKTI Global Entrepreneur Programme Launch. Manchester.
- Wednesday 10th June – Inspire Manchester. Talk about How to Be Your Best and Think Potentially. Manchester.
- Thursday 25th June – Neuro Business 2015 Conference. Manchester.
- Friday 10th September – Greater Manchester Business Connect annual fundraiser lunch. Keynote on ‘Successful Thinking’. Manchester.
- Tuesday 20th October – Institue of Directors North West. Benefits of CSR in Business. Manchester. Details here.
- Tuesday 20th October – Shared Services Forum. Talk on Agility, Resilience and Innovation. Manchester. Details here.
- Tuesday 17th November- Hosting ‘PA of the Year’ event. Manchester.
- Wednesday 18th November – Ambition 2015 conference. Keynote on ‘Successfully Selling to Senior People’. Hertfordshire. Details here.
- Thursday 16th January – BOSS Federation, London. Keynote outlining industry headwinds, within the context of technology and trend landscape of the next 20 years.
- Tuesday 4th Mark – London. Launch of a book on Leadership, delivering a talk about the subject.
- Thursday 20th March. Talk of Manchester Annual awards for ‘Grafters’ – Keynote speech.
- Wed 26th March – Junior Chamber of Commerce. Talk entitled “Being the CEO of you.”
- Thursday 27th March – Federation of Small Businesses National Conference. Talk entitled “Growing Pains – What small companies can learn from big companies.”
- Tuesday 1st April – Overbury Interiors. Panelist discussing SME usage around technology with stakeholders from government and the private sector.
- Tuesday 8th April – Westminster eForum. Talk on Importance of Technology to Fast Growth SME’s
- Tuesday 29th April – BOSS Conference. Talk entitled “Selling to the Senior Executives.”
- Thursday 1st May. K Club entrepreneurs club. “Growing Pains – What small companies can learn from big companies.”
- Wednesday 18th June 2014. Creative Lancashire BIG conference (2nd year). Details here.
- Thursday 19th June 2014. IoD NW Annual Conference. Talk entitled ‘Cultural Evolution. Details here.
- Thursday 28th August 2014. Junior Chamber International, Manchester. Short talk on ‘Being the CEO of You.’
- Thursday 2nd October 2014. Benchmark for Business conference. Talk entitled ‘Unlimited Potential’ where I will spend the morning outlining how to live a life of success, happiness and Unlimited Potential. First time in the UK where I will go into a deep dive on the topic. Details here.
- Wednesday 20th October 2014. Venturefest Manchester. Talk to an audience of entrepreneurs on innovation/creative thinking.
- Thursday 16th October 2014. Successful Selling Expo 2014 conference – “Selling to Senior Executives.”
- Friday 24th October. Middlesex Business School. Talk relating to mindfulness and wellbeing for Leaders.
- Tuesday 11th November 2014. Telegraph Festival of Business, London.
- Thursday 20th November 2014. Fresh Business Thinking event, London.
- Friday 18th Jan –Business Plus Networking– Manchester. Presenting a 30 minute talk on a mindset of “Unlimited Potential – UP!”
- Saturday 26th Jan-Vasanta National Sales Conference – Nottingham. Keynote to 350 audience on implementing “Marginal Gains” in your business life.
- Tuesday 23rd April – ‘The Business Lunch’. Talk on ‘Unlimited Potential’.
- Weds May 13th – Academy for Chief Executives, London Conference. Keynote to business leaders on ‘How to do things differently.’
- Weds 5th June – Hull BizWeek. Back for a third year by popular demand. Keynote on ‘Unlimited Potential’
- Weds 10th July – Creative Lancashire Annual Conference ‘BIG’, Keynote on Innovation.
- Wednesday 16th Oct. Business Accelerator Conference, London. Keynote for business development executives entitled “Think Like a CEO.”
- Thursday 14th November – The Halle Young Professionals Network. Keynote on ‘Unlimited Potential’
- February 21st –TiE NW Entrepreneurs Evening– Manchester. Presenting Ten Top Leadership Takeaways – see the slideshare here.
- Thursday 26th April – Talk of Manchester Conference – Manchester. Appearing on one of the panel debates.
- Friday 27th April – Warrington Business Expo. Keynote around trends, leadership and innovation.
- Wednesday 16th May – BOSS Manufacturers Forum. Talk on how leaders can use Social Media.
- Tuesday 12th June – Academy for Chief Executives. Talk entitled “Getanology” outlining leadership lessons.
- Wednesday 13th June – Hull Business Week. Keynote entitled- “Megatrends 2.0”. Spoke here last year and been asked back.
- Tuesday 2nd October – CIO Connect 2012 Conference “Embracing the Unexpected”. Keynote about staying close to customers.
- Saturday 6th October – Office Friendly Annual Conference. Keynote on “10 takeaways to see if you are stationary?” Appearing with Steve Backley MBE.
- Thursday 1st November – Business Expo Cheshire. Keynote entitled “Growing for Gold” to a large audience of SME’s. Appearing with former dragon – Richard Farleigh.
- Tuesday 13th November – Buzz Tuesday. Talk on “being your best” detailing how to live a happier and more fulfilling life whilst achieving your goals. Event information here.
- March 2nd – How Do Brand on DemandConference– Manchester. Discussing latest digitial trends and their impact on brands. Details here.
- April 7th –EmerceB2B Online Event, Holland. Keynote on Social Media from a B2B perspective.
- May 4th- Business North West, Manchester. Keynote on Leadership.
- May 12th – OPI Magazines European CEO’s Forum– Berlin. Keynote briefing on latest global megatrends for industry leaders. Details here (invitation only).
- May 20th – Tameside Business Awards. After dinner motivational speaker.
- June 8th – Hull Business Week. Keynote on Future Working Trends.
- June 27th – Manchester Many Hands Appeal. Benefits of running a sustainable organisation.
- Sept 6th – Insider Magazine Leadership event. One of three panel members discussing leadership.
- Oct 4th – Insider Magazine Business of Technology event. One of three panel members discussing computing trends.
- Oct 27th – Shared Services Forum UK Annual Conference. Conference host.
- Dec 15th – Business Network Chester event. Keynote around trends, leadership and innovation (feedback below).
Below is a list of events where I have appeared in 2010.
- Tuesday 27th April 2010. Death of Distance debate, Manchester. Chairing a really interesting mixed reality debate. Details here.
- Wednesday 28th April 2010 – SaS conference, Manchester. Corporate Marketing & Social Media Panellist. Details here.
- Thursday 6th May 2010 – Delivering a full day course on Social media for business.
- Wednesday 25th August – Association of Business to Business Agencies, London. More about Abba here.
- Thursday 9th September – Keynote Megatrends presentation for leading office supplies company. IoD, London.
- Thursday 16th September – Drivas Jonas Deloitte conference on Sustainability for Business. Manchester.
- Tuesday 21st September – Shared Services Forum annual conference. More about the Shared Services Forum here.
- Thursday 25th November – Go Social Bootcamp. Experiences of being a business leader on social media. Manchester.